Thursday, April 14, 2011

(L) Life, Linda and the Lottery


      TO LIFE
 
In THE REAL WORLD, you must be yourself. 
Your FRIENDS may try to sway you. but you are never JUSTIFIED in following the influences of MAD MEN
To be a SURVIVOR you must run THE AMAZING RACE called "life" with GLEE. Soon you'll find yourself DANCING WITH THE STARS and you'll experience THE OUTER LIMITS of your dreams.
FLASH FORWARD years from now and you'll probably be part of A MODERN FAMILY, have your own HOUSE, and be MARRIED WITH CHILDREN
There may be wonderful trips to FANTASY ISLANDs, stressful HOME IMPROVEMENTs- and sometimes you'll just feel like PUSHING UP DAISIES
Money will be tight on occasion, but with WILL AND GRACE, you'll be just fine.
Don' ever feel LOST.
Remember that every 24 hours there is a bright, new day. 
The LAW AND ORDER of the universe will always prevail as long as you have BIG LOVE.
CHEERS!
Here's to Life! (According to TV Guide...)
*******



L is also for LINDA- my sister, my friend, the person who understands me, tolerates me, inspires me, encourages me, and makes me laugh enough to pee my pants. We've grown up together, grown old together- and have watched each others life go through many stages. 
We can sit together all afternoon and not say a word, but feel as though we just had the best conversation. But we can also talk non-stop all day and feel as though we will never have enough time to say all the things we need to say.
Linda, today is your day- Happy Birthday! Hope all your wishes come true!
And if I ever win the lottery- here are your gifts! 
Love you, Sis!





16 comments:

mybabyjohn said...

Funny ... and happy birthday Linda.

Me said...

Happy Birthday to Linda!

I want some McGriddles now.

Kelli said...

Love it! And I wish my parents would have kept that awesome sun wall hanging.

Kelli said...

(ps...happy birthday Aunt Linda!)

GAIL said...

You make me miss my sister!
And Happy Birthday to Linda!!!
Gail and the girls

Name: Luana Krause said...

Great post! TV poem...so much fun! I've gotta repost this on my FB page. Awesome!

Margaret Hall said...

A VERY, very Happy Birthday, Linda~!! Hope that you and Rae enjoy your time together..(you are getting together??)
Rae...Life by the TV paragraph just about described my lineup for my remote..lol..I "hear" you on REAL life, my friend...And, thanks for the input of Jose Cuervo and McGriddles...woohoo~!!
Hugs, and great posting...see you at "M"????
(trudging on...lol)

Margaret Hall said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cathy said...

Ah, what a fun post. I always had great fun with my sisters as well -I wish Linda a most wonderful day today!

Chryifiwant2 said...

How did I not know that your sister and I have the same birthday? Oh, there has been a lot of wine consumed since the last A to Z, probably. I'm sure it came up then and I just forgot. Oh well, 1:45 sounds lovely...see you there!

Spenc said...

Your TV guide of life was very clever, thanks for sharing =)

Betsy said...

Love that TV Guide story, very clever. I hope you and your sister have a great day on her birthday. I'd like those gifts you picked out for her too:)

baygirl32 said...

what a clever post!!

HaPpY bIrThDaY~

Jeanne said...

NIce...you got all your lottery gifts picked out. GUess I will have to plan mine. THat is the first thing I think about, what I can give my kids to help them out as they forge into the world on their own. Like a new car.

sisterlinda said...

I feel so honored to have been part of the letter L. First off I LOVE the life according to TV Guide..I would think of my own little diddie but it's way too early and my mind is getting older!

I sure wish you would win that lottery as I LOVE all the gifts you would buy me...you know me SO well...only thing missing would be a karaoke machine of my own...LOL!

Thanks to all your fellow bloggers for the kind birthday wishes.I had a nice day even if I am 3/4th down the hill and gaining speed!

Love you....Sister Linda

Beth Zimmerman said...

Happy Birthday, Linda!

And Rae ... you never cease to amaze me!